Sign up today and we'll send you a 10% discount code towards your first purchase.
1. ✂️ Open the Bag
- Tear open the 30g Johnny Matcha bag and pull out the silver bag inside.
- Shake the silver bag 2-3 times, flicking downward to loosen the matcha powder.
2. 🍵 Transfer Matcha
- Carefully cut open the silver bag to avoid spilling the matcha powder.
- Transfer the powder into the Johnny Matcha bag.
3. 💧 Soften Chasen (if using)
- Soak the bristles with hot water for roughly 1 minute to ensure the bamboo is soft enough before whisking your matcha.
4. 🥄 Measure Matcha
- Use 1 level teaspoon or two almond-sized chashaku scoops (traditional bamboo scooper).
- Place the matcha into your chawan (matcha bowl) or cup.
5. 🌪️ Whisk or Shake Matcha
- For a Chasen (matcha whisk): Pour 2 oz of water over the matcha powder (70-80°C or 160-175°F). Whisk in a "W" motion until the matcha is smooth and frothy.
- For an electric whisk or shaker: Add 2-4 oz of water first, then the matcha. Blend or shake until no visible clumps can be seen and the matcha is frothy.
6. 🥛 Customize Your Matcha
- Top off with more water to dilute if needed, or add milk/alternative milk to create a matcha latte.
7. 🥤 Enjoy!
8. ❄️ Store Properly
- After using the matcha, make sure to zip the Johnny Matcha bag closed and store it in the refrigerator.
📌 *To maximize the flavor and texture of your matcha, consume within 3 weeks after opening.
🌟 Usucha: Light & Frothy 🌟
1. Sift 2g (1 tsp) of matcha into a chawan (matcha bowl).
2. Pour 65g (2.3oz) of hot water (175°F) into the bowl.
3. Whisk using a chasen (Japanese whisk) in a "W" motion until the matcha is smooth with a fine foam.
🍃 Koicha: Rich & Creamy 🍃
1. Sift 4g of matcha into a chawan (matcha bowl).
2. Add 35g (1.23oz) of hot water (175°F) to the bowl.
3. Whisk gently using a chasen (Japanese whisk) in a "W" motion to achieve a paint-like consistency. (No foam should be present)
❄️ Iced Tea / Iced Latte: Cool & Refreshing ❄️
2. Pour 3-4 oz of cold filtered water into the bowl.
3. Whisk using a chasen (Japanese whisk) in a "W" motion until the matcha is smooth and well-blended.
4. Pour over ice water for iced tea, or iced milk for an iced latte.
🔥 Hot Tea / Hot Latte: Warm & Inviting 🔥
1. Sift 1 tsp (2g) of matcha into a chawan (matcha bowl).
2. Pour 3-4 oz of hot water (175°F) into the bowl.
4. Top with additional hot water for hot tea, or steamed milk for a hot latte.
Enjoy these delightful tea recipes and immerse yourself in the world of tea cultivars!
A tea cultivar is a unique strain of the Camellia sinensis plant, selected for production based on its distinctive features. Now, let's explore some delicious ways to enjoy your tea!